Frontend Fundamentals for (Backend) Developers
This workshop is a crash course in frontend fundamentals for experienced software developers and touches on all the following topics:
- Web Basics (client-server communication, HTTP, Ajax, REST)
- HTML (semantics, accessibility)
- CSS (cascade, performance, patterns)
- DOM APIs (web APIs, DOM manipulation, async programming)
- Dev tools, libraries, and frameworks
The workshop aims to (re-) introduce developers to fundamental frontend technologies to bring them up to speed with the latest developments as well as the hidden features, stories, and quirks of web standards across the board.